Make this simple paper chain advent calendar. Easy. Classic. Stylin’.
Just cut strips of paper and glue them in a ring. You’ll need 25 for a Christmas countdown. Or you can start later in the month with fewer rings.
We made these Printable Advent Calendar Tags to attach to the rings to up the style.
Inside each ring I wrote one activity or treat per day that we would do through December.
We’ll tear one ring off the paper chain advent calendar each day until Christmas and read and do the activity.
Here’s my list
- Christmas Shopping
- Watch a Christmas Movie
- Decorate the Tree
- Look in Your Stocking (I’ll put a treat in there ahead of time)
- Cookie Party With Our Friends
- Make an Ornament For the Tree
- Church Christmas Party
- Homeschool Christmas Party
- Make a Christmas Video For Grandma
- Have a Snowman Target Shoot
- Make Christmas Candy
- Look Under the Tree (I’ll put treats under the tree ahead of time)
- Indoor Pom-Pom Snowball Fight
- Build a Snowman
- Drive and Look at Christmas Lights with Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt
- Look Under the Tree (Another Treat)
- Make Candy Houses
- Make and Send Christmas Cards
- Read Christmas Stories
- Make and Decorate Sugar Cookie Cut-outs
- Have an Epic Snowball Fight
- Go Sledding With Our Cousins
- Paint Nativity Scenes (I want to save and frame the kids art to put up in future years)
- Family Christmas Nativity Pageant (It’s priceless, but definitely for our eyes only)
- CHRISTMAS DAY!
Stay with us through Christmas for many more recipes, crafts, and educational ideas for December. And check out our Holidayopedia for more ideas around the year.