Make this Mini Castle Craft with your kids while studying the Middle Ages.
To make the castle craft just print the castles out onto card stock, color, cut along the dotted line over the castle and around the heavy line on the base, then fasten the base together in a circle behind. Your castle can stand up on its own. Click on the castle printable below to go to the pdf.
Castles were much more than just the homes of royalty. They were like towns, whole communities, all within the protection of castle walls. Build a few of them to scatter along your countryside.
Here are some books to read to go along with your castle craft and studies:
- Medieval Castle Sticker Picture Book by A.G. Smith
- Knights and Castles by Seymour Simon
- Castle by David MacAulay
- Days of the Knights by Christopher Maynard
- Find some real castles online.
- Compare Japanese medieval castles to European ones.
- What do we use today for defense and how is this the same and different from the castles of the middle ages?
- Castles are a marvel of engineering and design, but they were made obsolete by new technology in the form of gunpowder. Learn more about how gunpowder changed the world.
- The world is constantly being changed by technology. What technologies are changing your world right now? How do you feel about it?
More From Layers of Learning