I try to spend time writing along with my kids, and even with lots of years of practice and life experience behind me, I still have those days when I feel like there’s just nothing to write about. Inspiration dries up. Creativity smothers. That’s when I know it’s time for some fun writing prompts to get all our creative juices flowing again. Here are ten fun “What would happen ifs” for when everyone is stuck!
- What would happen if all the streets were made of water?
- What would happen if you could become invisible whenever you wanted to?
- What would happen if a kid could become president?
- What would happen if there were no television?
- What would happen if your pet could talk?
- What would happen if you ordered food from a restaurant, ate it, and then discovered you forgot your wallet?
- What would happen if the oceans were made of milk and cows gave water?
- What would happen if you discovered gold in your backyard?
- What would happen if you found a magic wand?
- What would happen if you woke in the morning and found you had blue skin?
Have fun writing!
More From Layers of Learning
Explore our Writer’s Workshop Page for lots more from writing ideas to use with kids. Take a look at what a day in our writer’s workshop looks like, make a Character Wanted poster for a villain you’re reading or writing about, or try another creative writing lesson like Time Travel Creative Writing.
You may also like our free printables page. You’ll find lots of free printables categorized by school subject.
And if you like what you see on Layers of Learning, come find on us social media! We love to hear from our readers and like sharing all the latest from Layers of Learning, including new free lesson plans and printables and coupon codes for our units. See you there!