Below you will find web links, extra printables, and other resources to use along with the Chemistry units in the Layers of Learning curriculum. Here’s a link to our Amazon Store with lots of fun kits, games, and more resources to go with the Chemistry units.
- Read this article for kids that explains how the periodic table is organized.
- An online periodic table of the elements that has pop-up informational boxes when you click on each element
- An online periodic table of the elements that has videos, podcast, and articles attached to each element when you click on it. This one also has images that show or represent each element, some of them are the old alchemical symbols.
- An article about phlogiston theory that explains the history, the theory, and why this wrong theory helped advance science
- Practice problems for electron configuration
- Electron configuration quiz from Khan Academy
- An online quiz game to become familiar with the periodic table
- A board game called Periodic that teaches and quizzes on the periodic table of the elements
- An online interactive demonstration of how atoms can be rearranged to make new things. Your kids can use ball models or snap cubes to make their own models of the six molecules shown