Abraham Lincoln was a fascinating man who changed the course of America’s history. Most of us know his basic story, but here are some fabulous facts you may not know. . .
- Lincoln loved animals and refused to hunt. He had lots of pets, even a turkey!
- He stored things in his stovepipe hat, like letters and important papers.
- His wife’s family didn’t approve of him when they got married. They may have eaten humble pie when he was elected as president.
- He was our tallest president. On average, men were 5’6″ in his day, but he was 6’4″! He had really long legs. When he was sitting he looked the same height as everyone else.
- He HATED going to the dentist. Can you blame him?
- He was the first president to have a beard.
- He was very funny and liked telling jokes. Here’s one of his: “If I were two faced, would I be wearing THIS one?”
Lincoln’s Stovepipe Hat Timeline
Here is a printable Lincoln’s Stovepipe Hat Timeline that includes the major events in Abraham Lincoln’s life, built on his famous stovepipe hat.
Print out the pages. Color the hat black, cut it out, then mount it on a colored sheet of cardstock. Cut apart the pieces of the timeline and then glue them on in order on to the hat.
More From Layers of Learning
If you like this Abraham Lincoln timeline, you’ll love the rest of our explorations and printables. Keep up with all the latest and greatest at Layers of Learning using the icons below. You can even try out Unit 1-1 for free.