Learn all about Canada and use this Canada printable map to record what you find out.
Canada has lots of forests, lots of grasslands, lots of rolling hills and lots and lots of north.
But did you know Canada’s most southern point, Middle Island, Lake Erie, Ontario, is at the same latitude as northern California and the south of France?
Canada Map Exploration
If you didn’t, you need to do a Canada Map.
And here are some things to label with the aid of a student atlas:
- each of the provinces and territories
- each of the provincial capitals
- the national capital, Ottawa
- Great Bear Lake
- Great Slave Lake
- Lake Athabaska
- Reindeer Lake
- Lake Winnipeg
- The Great Lakes
- Pacific Ocean
- Atlantic Ocean
- Hudson Bay
- Arctic Ocean
- Bay of Fundy
- Gulf of St. Lawrence
- Labrador Sea
- Beaufort Sea
- Vancouver Island
- Victoria Island
- Baffin Island
Finish up with some excellent books on Canada:
- Even Canadians sometimes think their history is short and boring, but it’s not. For instance did you know Canada had an armed rebellion against the British too?
- David Thompson was a famous Canadian explorer and trapper. We have a map for him too.
- Lucy Maud Montgomery and her Anne of Green Gables books clinched it for me, I am officially in love with Canada in general and Prince Edward Island in particular.
More From Layers of Learning