The Layers of Learning Podcast with Karen and Michelle is here to help you get your whole family learning together in your homeschool. We are the sisters behind Layers of Learning. We love getting together to chat about homeschooling and this podcast is just a series of our chats. We’re inviting you to listen in on our conversations.
We both have big families, but we teach almost all of our school subjects to everyone at once. We want to help you find the joy in that too, so we talk a lot about family homeschooling. To see all of our episodes, visit our Layers of Learning Podcast Page. Join us as we explore how to have a happy, hands-on, family-style homeschool.
Every Layers of Learning unit begins with a sidebar that includes a Unit Overview. This box is a bit bolder than the other sidebars and includes key concepts from the unit, a list of vocabulary words, and also a list of important people, places. scientific laws, artwork, or other important information the unit will cover. The whole overview is just there to help you get your bearings and quickly see the important things that will be included in each unit.
During this podcast, we’ll walk you through examples of what is included in each Unit Overview and offer tips for how you can use it as you work through the Layers of Learning units.
Here Are A Few Topics You’ll Hear About In This Podcast
- You can use the Unit Overview to help you select the parts of the unit you want to focus on.
- You could use the vocabulary words as a spelling list, a list of concepts to cover, or to help you create fun learning games for the unit. It can also be used alongside the trivia questions at the end.
- The vocabulary words are also inside of the glossary at the end of each paperback book.
- Let it enhance your learning by creating a word wall to help your kids with their Writer’s Workshop writing about the unit topics.
- Visual reminders of what you’re learning about are important learning tools. Hang the list of words up on your wall and use it as a jumping off point for learning.
- Personalize your lists and tailor them to what you are learning and focusing on in your homeschool.
- Have your kids try to define words to help them think deeply about the words and concepts you are learning.
- Let the Unit Overview sidebar be a tool for your learning!
Try family-style homeschooling now with free samples of four Layers of Learning units when you subscribe. You'll get to try family-style history, geography, science, and arts with your children.
You can unsubscribe any time.