The Layers of Learning Podcast with Karen and Michelle is here to help you get your whole family learning together in your homeschool. We are the sisters behind Layers of Learning. We love getting together to chat about homeschooling and this podcast is just a series of our chats. We’re inviting you to listen in on our conversations.
We both have big families, but we teach almost all of our school subjects to everyone at once. We want to help you find the joy in that too, so we talk a lot about family homeschooling. To see all of our episodes, visit our Layers of Learning Podcast Page. Join us as we explore how to have a happy, hands-on, family-style homeschool.
Listen as We Plan a Unit
In this podcast episode, we are doing an off-the-cuff planning session and showing you what it looks like when we open a unit and begin planning out what we will learn and do with our families during the unit. Listen in to see our process and our train of thought as we delve into a few units we will learn as a family. Michelle and Karen plan and do things very differently, so you can see a few ways of doing things, and hopefully get some inspiration for your own planning process.
We’ve been homeschooling for a long time, and the truth is, our planning process changes and grows with our families and our homeschools, but we hope that this little peek helps you with your homeschool planning.
Here Are A Few Topics You’ll Hear About In This Podcast
- Michelle is planning a science unit about rocks. Hear what she is choosing to do, what her process is, and watch her method unfold.
- How we get the supplies we need.
- How we get the books we need.
- Karen is planning an arts unit about ancient art around the world. Observe how she chooses the explorations and makes a note of any books, videos, or supplies that will be needed. You’ll also hear about how she wraps up a unit with review, trivia, and the Big Book of Knowledge.
- When we plan, we consider these things: time, age, variety of activities, materials, schedule, and what we’ve covered before.
Try family-style homeschooling now with free samples of four Layers of Learning units when you subscribe. You'll get to try family-style history, geography, science, and arts with your children.
You can unsubscribe any time.