The Layers of Learning Podcast with Karen and Michelle is here to help you get your whole family learning together in your homeschool. We are the sisters behind Layers of Learning. We love getting together to chat about homeschooling and this podcast is just a series of our chats. We’re inviting you to listen in on our conversations.
We both have big families, but we teach almost all of our school subjects to everyone at once, and we want to help you find the joy in that too, so we talk a lot about family homeschooling. To see all of our episodes, visit our Layers of Learning Podcast Page. Join us as we explore how to have a happy, hands-on, family-style homeschool.
Creating A Learning Culture in Your Homeschool
Here are some topics from episode 1 that will help you create a learning culture in your home and homeschool:
- Find out why being a lifelong learner should be a goal of your homeschool (a goal for both for yourself and your kids!)
- Charlotte Mason said, “Education is an atmosphere.” Make learning your atmosphere.
- Learn TOGETHER rather than lesson planning and teaching.
- Go down rabbit trails and explore.
- Create a safe place for learning.
- Don’t be afraid of contrary points of views. Seek truth. Think critically.
- Ask open-ended questions.
- Make learning toys and tools available all the time, not just during school time.
- Exploration Stations
- Discover who you are by trying new things and by being alone.
- Fill your house with books.
- Read books aloud.
- Let your kids’ personalities and talents shine.
- Offer choices.
- Be flexible and allow for creativity.
- Praise your kids. . . even their mistakes.
- Go places and try new things.
Click the PLAY button to hear the podcast and SUBSCRIBE below:
Start family-style homeschooling now with a free Layers of Learning unit when you subscribe. Keep the unit forever, no questions asked.