Your kids can design a postage stamp of their very own. How cool would it be to be a stamp designer?
This printable can be used for lots and lots of things. Here are a few ideas:
- Design a stamp about a famous person or event you are studying from history.
- Make a stamp similar to a coat of arms, that represents significant things about a historical person.
- After learning about a country, design a postage stamp that would highlight something or someone important from the country.
- Make your postage stamp feature an important invention or inventor.
- Create a stamp based on your favorite book, author, or character.
- Make a stamp all about you. Draw yourself in the center surrounded by things that represent who you are.
- Design a postage stamp about an important scientist and their contribution.
- Make your postage stamp feature your favorite subject, or even the job you want to do when you grow up.
- Design a postage stamp with your version of a famous piece of artwork on it.
You could also make a “book of stamps” by making several copies of the printable and making a series of postage stamps – the U.S. Presidents, states, provinces, Impressionist paintings, a holiday, the French Revolution, the human body, plants, insects, or characters from a book.
Let your imagination run wild. This design a postage stamp printable can be used for almost any school subject or topic. Hope you find it useful!
More From Layers of Learning
Here are some other lesson ideas you may enjoy from Layers of Learning. We love to share what’s working for us in our homeschools. We also hope you’ll check out some of our learning units. They are filled with hands-on projects for learning about all kinds of things.