Writer’s WorkshopA lot of you have asked about Karen’s Writer’s Workshop and what that looks like day-to-day in her homeschool. In this episode, Karen and Michelle talk about Writer’s Workshop and what it entails. These are some of the topics you’ll hear about:
- Organizing your year of Writer’s Workshop using writing genres (Our Layers of Learning Homeschool Planner includes some Writer’s Workshop Printables and Lists.)
- How to utilize mini-lessons to teach writing rules and improve your kids’ writing
- Having your whole family participate
- Taking pieces through the writing process
- Valuing process over product
- Writer’s Journals
- Helping your kids to enjoy writing more
- Grading writing (This is the grading rubric we mention in the podcast.)
More Questions?If you have more questions about Writer’s Workshop, we’d love to answer them. If you want to ask us a question, shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com or join our Layers of Learning Homeschoolers Facebook Group. We will answer your questions there or on a future podcast.
Try family-style homeschooling now with free samples of four Layers of Learning units when you subscribe. You'll get to try family-style history, geography, science, and arts with your children.
You can unsubscribe any time.