Writer’s WorkshopA lot of you have asked about Karen’s Writer’s Workshop and what that looks like day-to-day in her homeschool. In this episode, Karen and Michelle talk about Writer’s Workshop and what it entails. These are some of the topics you’ll hear about:
- Organizing your year of Writer’s Workshop using writing genres (Our Layers of Learning Homeschool Planner includes some Writer’s Workshop Printables and Lists.)
- How to utilize mini-lessons to teach writing rules and improve your kids’ writing
- Having your whole family participate
- Taking pieces through the writing process
- Valuing process over product
- Writer’s Journals
- Helping your kids to enjoy writing more
- Grading writing (This is the grading rubric we mention in the podcast.)
More Questions?If you have more questions about Writer’s Workshop, we’d love to answer them. If you want to ask us a question, shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com or join our Layers of Learning Homeschoolers Facebook Group. We will answer your questions there or on a future podcast.
Try Layers of Learning For Free
Get the first complete Layers of Learning unit free to try with your kids. Sign up for the newsletter and we'll send you a PDF of Unit 1-1 in your email. No pressure, you can unsubscribe at any time and keep the unit forever.