This World Explorer Journal is an 8 1/2″ x 11″ or A4 PDF you print, assemble, and then fill as you learn about the world in Layers of Learning Geography. The pages are titled to correspond with each Layers of Learning Geography unit.
How to Fill Your Book
Most pages include simple outline maps for you to fill in the way you want. Each page also includes lots of blank space so kids can fill in facts about the landscape, culture, or people from each part of the world. You will be instructed in Layers of Learning Geography to draw, write or paste printables into your World Explorer Journal as you complete lessons. Here are some ideas of even more things you can add:
- Graphs showing temperature, population, major religions, and so on
- Recipes from the region or country
- Landmarks, manmade or natural
- Foreign language vocabulary
- Interesting facts
- Pictures printed from the internet or cut out of magazines
- Flaps, pockets, or mini-books pasted on the pages
Each unit in Layers of Learning has four pages of space for you to make your book. The pages look like this:
Once you fill them out with instructions from the unit, they will look something like this:
At the end of your geography journey you will have a kid-made world atlas of interesting places and people.